Suuhaa Directed Fishery
Updated June 30, 2023
Start: April 15th, 2023, End: July 15th, 2023
- DFO is requiring Electronic Monitoring (EM) systems for vessels equipped with commercial longline gear (Hydraulic Block).
- DFO is enforcing the 9NM limit.
1) Fishing area closures. Please review the map below.
2) Halibut update:
– HFN fishers must contact the Fisheries Manager before hailing out.
Halibut trip limits remain as follows:
– HFN, MMFN, ECFN: 2,000lbs per trip
– AN: 300 lbs per trip – day fleet only. May not be used as halibut bycatch for multi-day groundfish
– TFN: 500lbs per trip
Your Fisheries Manager/Coordinator
Tyler Hanson (ECFN)
Jaqlynn Titian (HFN)
Roger Dunlop/Colin Rossiter (MMFN)
T’aaq-wiihak Fisheries Staff
Vanessa Buchanan (Fisheries Coordinator)
DFO Salmon Resource Manager
DFO Hook & Line Coordinator